To register, maintain and renew a registration with on the List of transport service intermediaries, a person must honour the obligations prescribed by the Act respecting owners, operators and drivers of heavy vehicles.
The registrant must not have been found guilty within the past 5 years of an indictable offence related to the performance of activities as a transport service intermediary.
Registration with the Registraire des entreprises (NEQ)
An enterprise that does business in Québec must be registered in the Québec enterprise register (Registre des entreprises) in the following cases:
- every natural person operating a sole proprietorship in Québec under a name which does not include the person's surname and given name. For example, John Smith is doing business under the name of "Public Transport". This name must be registered with the Registraire des entreprises
- every general partnership and limited partnership formed in Québec
- every partnership not formed in Québec if it carries on an activity in Québec (the notion of activity is defined in the Act)
- every legal person established for a private interest and which is constituted in Québec
- every legal person established for a private interest not constituted in Québec, but domiciled in Québec, which carries on an activity in Québec, including the operation of an enterprise (the notion of activity is defined in the Act).
The Commission may take steps to register enterprises with the REQ.
For more information concerning the Québec enterprise register, visit the Web site of the Registraire des entreprises.
Registration with the CSST – Employer number
Every enterprise which has an establishment in Québec and which has at least one worker, whether full-time or not, must register with the CSST as an employer within 14 days after the beginning of its activities. The beginning of activities generally corresponds to the date the first worker is hired.
This registration is free and the CSST will contact the enterprise regarding the various conditions of application.
The Commission may take steps for registration with the CSST.
For more information on registration with the CSST, visit the CSST web site.
Any unpaid fine must be paid. The fines referred to are the fines levied under the following legislation:
- Act respecting owners, operators and drivers of heavy vehicles
- Transport Act
- Highway Safety Code
- Environment Quality Act
- Fuel Tax Act
- Act respecting transportation services by taxi
- Act respecting the use of petroleum products.
The Commission may collect the amounts owed for the Ministère de la Justice. The amounts owed can also be paid online at the Bureau des infractions et amendes.
Every transport service intermediary must renew his registration according to the form and content determined by the Commission and pay the required fees (203 KB). The Commission sends a timely notice in this regard.